Learn how to build a killer WordPress website that is guaranteed to impress with this fundamentals course.
WordPress expert with 10+ years working with business owners, influencers and bloggers to expand their online audience.
- Plan and build a WordPress.com website from scratch
- Sign up, create a WordPress account and choose the right plan for your requirements
- Create a detailed website plan as a blueprint for content, themes and features
- Define measurable goals for your website
- Devise a professional content strategy that will drive people to your website
- Envision and build a successful sales funnel for your specific target audience
- Create content that is SEO friendly to boost your visibility
- Navigate your media library
- Ensure that your WordPress site is secure
Currently, WordPress powers 35% of the internet and has over 400 million people visiting their sites every month. With a diverse set of features, WordPress is well suited to a wide range of users including personal sites, blogs, e-commerce and business sites that have advanced requirements.
Filled with resources and downloads, this course covers everything you need to know to start using wordPress like a pro. You’ll learn how to set up your website, add content including pages and blog posts, select and customize a theme, add widgets and plugins to expand your site’s features, connect it to your social networks and upload media including videos and images – all without having to code!
If you don’t already have a WordPress account, all you need is an email address. Being so simple, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t enroll now, taking advantage of the 25% Fiverr User discount on WordPress, to get your website started today.
What You Will Learn
- How to select and customize the right theme and media to achieve your site’s goals
- How to ensure that your website is a good reflection of your brand identity
- Prepare and build content that will consistently drive traffic to your site
- Search Engine Optimization best practices
- How to create a wireframe for your website’s design
- How to add widgets to your site
- How to successfully launch a brand new WordPress.com site
- How to get noticed after your launch
Why Learn With Marjorie Asturias?
Happiness Engineer at Automattic, the parent company and maker of WordPress.com, she is a WordPress expert with 10+ years working with business owners, influencers and bloggers to create and manage their websites and expand their online audience.
Who Is This Course For?
- Freelancers wanting to start offering web design services
- Business owners wanting to take their brand online
- eCommerce entrepreneurs wanting to enhance their website
- Bloggers looking to build their own blog site
- Influencers needing a secure online platform for their content
- Web programmers, designers, front end and full stack developers wanting to diversify their skills
- Anyone wanting to start a career in building websites with WordPress.com
- All levels of experience
- Access to Internet
- Computer / Laptop / Mobile Device
What Is Included?
- Immediate unlimited access to course materials
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Exercises and quizzes to help you put theory into practice
- English Closed Captions
- Suitable for mobile or desktop
- A badge to showcase your expertise on your profile page upon completion
- 1. Welcome (2:56)
- Course Resources
- 2. What is WordPress? (1:35)
- Quiz: Introduction to WordPress.com
- 3. Defining Your Site’s Goals (2:46) Free
- 4. Preparing Your Content (2:57)
- 5. Content Strategy and Sales Funnels (2:59)
- 6. Content Development & SEO (5:03)
- Learn more about how to create amazing content for your website
- 7. Wireframe (1:31)
- Quiz: Building A Foundation
- 8. Creating an Account (2:23)
- 9. Adding Content (2:32)
- Design your awesome website graphics with a Fiverr professional
- 10. Media Library (2:32)
- Quiz: Building Your WordPress.com Site
- 11. Selecting a Theme (3:27)
- 12. Customizing Your Theme (9:42)
- 13. Widgets (5:04)
- 14. Ready to Launch (0:48)
- Need help with building your WordPress website?
- Quiz: Designing Your WordPress.com Site
- 15. Get Noticed
- Learn more about how your new website can get noticed
- 16. Security and Your WordPress.com Site (5:51)
- 17. Your New WordPress.com Site (9:34)
- Quiz: After the Launch
- 18. Conclusion (1:04)
- Final Quiz
30-day money-back guarantee
Unlimited access, anywhere, anytime
Learn from hand-vetted instructors, experts in their field